Legendary performer and composer Yanni has announced the release of a new limited edition of his iconic and multi-million bestselling "Live At The Acropolis" album. This Deluxe Edition celebrates the 25th anniversary of Yanni‘s historic concert, which took place on September 25, 1993. It will be available from November 16 and contains:
- CD: newly remastered and including 3 additional songs in the originally intended order
- DVD + Blu-ray:
- Original video digitally restored and reformatted for full 16x9 (DVD) and 1080p (Blu-ray)
- Digitally remixed and remastered in 2018 by Yanni in full 5.1. surround sound
- Newly filmed 25 minute interview with Yanni from his studio about the making of Live At The Acropolis shot in full HD
- Historic behind-the scenes photo montage of Yanni during the making of Live At The Acropolis
- Backstage interviews with Yanni and members of his band
- 60 Page booklet featuring never-before-seen photos from the making of Live At The Acropolis
Live at the Acropolis was released in 1994 and is Yanni‘s first ever live album and concert video. Recorded at the Herodes Atticus Theatre in Athens with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra from London, the concert took a year and a half to complete. The album was mixed and produced by Yanni in his home studio and was made into a TV special that aired in the States on PBS. Live at the Acropolis became an incredible success and is the second best selling music video of all time.
Yanni's iconic performances at the Acropolis in Greece, the Taj Mahal in India, the Forbidden City in China, the Royal Albert Hall in England, The Pyramids in Egypt and El Morro in Puerto Rico have crossed countless borders and has resonated with billions of people across the globe. Yanni has been awarded more than 40 platinum and gold albums worldwide and has sold more than 25 million albums around the world. His most recent albums have seen chart-topping success.
"I find it so exciting to be able to celebrate what I consider to be one of the best performances of my life!"